Statement of Principles
We believe that the protection of your personal information is very important. We also recognise that the manner in which we collect, and share, information about you is equally important.
This Statement outlines:
a) how we use and protect information about you; and
b) states the principles reflecting our commitment to safeguarding that information
Our principles are:
- To comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant legislation;
- To ensure that any personal information we hold about you and your business with us is kept in strict confidence;
- To obtain personal information about you in a fair and lawful manner;
- To maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- To maintain appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification;
- If we choose to use third parties to process data, we do so in accordance with applicable law and take all reasonable precautions regarding the practices of the provider to protect personal information;
- Not to sell your personal information.
Use of Personal Information
Any information collected about you will be treated as confidential and will be used only as follows:
- For considering this and any subsequent applications you may make to us and for the administration of your account(s) opened as a result;
- For statistical analysis;
- For fraud and money laundering prevention;
Disclosure of Information
We will treat your account details as private and confidential and will not disclose information about them to any third parties, unless:
- We have your consent to do so or you request that we do so;
- We are required by law;
- We have a public duty to disclose that information;
- Our interests require disclosure.
We will not give your details out for marketing purposes, even to other companies in our Group, if you instruct us not to. Other than to those individuals and entities referred to, or in the circumstances described, in this statement information about you will not be revealed by us to any external body or person
Your information may be disclosed to:
- Other applicants or guarantor(s) to this account;
- Any business that provides insurance services relating to your Agreement, as may be necessary for the purposes of the administration of any policy or insurance relating to your Agreement and dealing with any claims arising under such policy. In dealing with insurance applications and claims, it may be necessary for us, or the insurance company providing the insurance, to obtain information about any criminal record you may have;
- Any agent acting on our behalf;
- Our regulators;
- Our lawyers, auditors and external advisors;
- Third party service providers;
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under your Agreement with us.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a legal right to:
- Access your personal records held by credit and fraud agencies. We will supply their names and addresses upon request.
- Receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply for this in writing. A fee will be payable for providing this information.
- Have rectified any information that is inaccurate.
Please note that for our mutual protection and to improve service standards we may monitor and/or record telephone calls.
Please be aware that internet communications are not secure unless the data being sent is encrypted. Therefore we can accept no responsibility for the unauthorised access by a third party and/or the corruption of any data being sent to us through this route.